1. If I am a cup maker, I’m interested in making the best cup I possibly can. My effort goes into that cup, not what people think about it
2. What it taught me was forgiveness. It taught me that when people present themselves in a certain way, there’s probably some back story or issue or reason for the way that they are. It’s not you. It’s them. And a lot of times, its about something that’s completely out of their control.
3. Acting is just a way of making a living, the family is life. – Denzel Washington
4. If you have an enemy, then learn and know your enemy, don’t just be mad at him or her.
5. Got to be who you are in this world, no matter what.
6. I think a role model is a mentor – someone you see on a daily basis, and you learn from them.
7. You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too. That’s a part of it.
8. At the end of the day, it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished. It’s about what you’ve done with those accomplishments. It’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.
9. My faith helps me understand that circumstances don’t dictate my happiness, my inner peace.
10. The chances you take, the people you meet, the people you love, the faith that you have. That’s what’s going to define you.
11. So you never know who you touch. You never know how or when you’ll have an impact, or how important your example can be to someone else.
12. I say luck is when an opportunity comes along and you’re prepared for it.
13. Success? I don’t know what that word means. I’m happy. But success, that goes back to what in somebody’s eyes success means. For me, success is inner peace. That’s a good day for me.
14. Don’t aspire to make a living, aspire to make a difference.
15. Do what you have to do, to do what you want to do.
16. Luck is where opportunity meets preparation.
17. My mother used to tell me man gives the award, God gives the reward. I don’t need another plaque.
18. I never really had the classic struggle. I had faith.
19. I work hard for the audience. It’s entertainment. I don’t need validation.
20. My ultimate life dream project is my kids. My family.